2007-09-24

Cherry Lemon Cake Indulgence, yum !!



Are you drooling yet ? A short while ago I wished another blogger ( Lemoncholy's ) a Happy Birthday full of pink cupcakes with lemon frosting ( or something like that ). Ever since I have had a craving for these cupcakes ! So a few days ago I purchased a Betty Crocker Super Moist Cherry Chip cake package and welllll, today I made this cake !! It has homemade lemon frosting which not only has an extra dose of lemon juice but almost a whole package of Dr.Oetker Lemon, I would have been happy just eating the icing lol ! --oh yeh, the icing does have a slight lime green look, only because the yellow food coloring was a few years old, but I personally like the funky green.
As for the taste.....oh my.....moist and decadent ! Sweet cherry and lemon, one slice was NOT enough, so I had two and could easily grab another right now. Fortunately my excuse to not have another is that i have to get to bed.
The bonus: our son is not a cake eater but he really enjoyed this one. Needless to say it won't be turning dry this time :)
I recommend this cake if you have a sweet tooth and like cherry and lemon, you may not want to share ! --but it's more fun when you do.
Hey, if you do make this type of cake then I'd love to see a pic. of you or you and your friends/family indulging ( decent pics. folks please ).

4 comments:

Sandra Eileen said...

What a great flavor combination!

Sandra Eileen said...

What a great flavor combination!

Nora said...

Looks yummy and I am hungry right now!

yours truly said...

I really enjoyed visiting your blog! The cake looks so wonderful ... I love pink frosting!