2011-01-30

If Marie was in WonderLand.....

Just a quick peek at one of my latest workings:


This soon to be necklace is the innards of an alarm clock and it works ! I was going to make it a tabletop decoration but thought it a shame to just leave it at home, why not be able to wear it as a necklace too ?
My aim is to decorate the plain areas with gems, hardware and whatever else will work, you can see I've already started with a couple of twinkly bits & little cogs. The alarm arm has a peridot swarovski and yes it moves minus the metal part which makes the alarm sound. I'm really looking forward to how this turns out and hope to have it listed in my Etsy shop by the end of next week.  The clock is still ticking and of course will be mailed only after it's wound down !
Oh and it's a rather pretty bunch of cogs, pink and white on golden plates --they make me think of the lovely Marie Antoinette items on Etsy, but my Marie is heading to wonderland with this piece, to meet up with Alice for some tea :)

0 comments: